Applicants will be selected for admission to A. E. Phillips Laboratory School by an admission committee. Below is information on the admissions criteria for AEP. If you have any further questions about admissions, please email us at Bullpup@aep.latech.edu.
- Parents interested in enrolling their children in A. E. Phillips are asked to complete an application form that may be obtained from the school office or the school's website. Applications may be submitted to the main office at AEP.
- A child must be four years old before an application may be submitted at any time.
- The vast majority of our students are admitted to AEP through the kindergarten process. Prospective kindergarten students go through the interview process which is comprised of three parts; student screening, student interview and parent interview. Consideration is given to all three areas during the selection process. The kindergarten interviewing and screening process takes place annually in the month of March.
- Consideration is given to siblings of students already enrolled. If the number of siblings exceeds the number of vacancies, admission for siblings is not guaranteed.
- The goal at A. E. Phillips Laboratory School is to have a diverse student population. Therefore, AEP is equally interested in race and ethnicity as well as religious and socioeconomic status that is representative of the diversity in the Ruston Community. In addition, we value a willingness to learn and characteristics of good citizenship.
- A. E. Phillips Laboratory School generally receives more applications than the school's enrollment can accommodate. Although candidates may meet some/ all of the criteria for enrollment, this does not ensure admission. The final decision is made by the admission committee.
- Once an application is submitted for consideration for a 1st - 8th grade student, it is kept on file and may be considered in the event of future vacancies. Kindergarten applications will also be kept on file for future consideration.
- Financial assistance is available to cover the costs of tuition and lunch for families that qualify. The appropriate documentation must be submitted to the AEP office no later than one week prior to the deadline for turning in deposit and tuition checks. Financial assistance can be granted for the full amount or half of the tuition and lunch costs.
Policy of Nondiscrimination
Equal opportunity is given to all candidates for admission to our school. No preference is given to any race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, or disability.