Message From the Director
A. E. Phillips Laboratory School was founded in 1917 as a model school on the beautiful campus of Louisiana Tech University. Today, the 100-year tradition of excellence continues. A. E. Phillips is located adjacent to the College of Education, and its proximity is emblematic of the internal, rich collaboration between the institution of higher learning and its laboratory school. A. E. Phillips is a K-8 school that has earned the distinction of an “A” rating by the Louisiana Department of Education. We are extremely proud of the high academic achievement of our students, and our tradition of emphasis on the arts. Our knowledgeable faculty members have earned advanced degrees and certifications and serve as hosts to teacher candidates from the College of Education. We value the support of our wonderful Bullpup families and the importance of a positive and engaging learning environment that promotes a love of learning for our students. In the words of Andy Eugene Phillips, “School should be a happy place.” At A. E. Phillips Laboratory School, we are inspired by our past with a vision for our future.